Updating your WhatsApp version is very important for the app to work properly. In addition to receiving new messenger functions, updates are used to fix possible bugs and apply security improvements for users. So, if you still haven’t received a new feature or are experiencing usage issues, looking for a newer version of the app might be the solution.
- How to enter WhatsApp Web with just your mobile number
- Where is the WhatsApp trash?
On Android and iOS, it is common for the system to receive a setting to update apps automatically, but this creates a queue with pending apps. To prioritize the download of the new version of WhatsApp (Android | iOS), there is the possibility of manually updating the App Store or Google Play Store. See how:
How to update WhatsApp on Android
- Open the Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp in the search;
- Then go to the app page, tap the “Update” button and wait for the installation.
How to update WhatsApp on iOS
- In the App Store, use the search tool to search for WhatsApp;
- In the results area or on the app page, tap the “Update” button to start the download and installation.
If the update icon is not displayed on the screen, it means that your device already has the latest version of WhatsApp.
How to update WhatsApp Web
The WhatsApp Web update is done by the website itself and does not depend on the mobile app stores. When a new version is available, the platform displays a warning above the message list. Click on the banner and wait for the page to reload to access the updated version.