To access the newest features of Instagram and get rid of any bugs, it is necessary to update the application periodically. The process, although simple, is essential for the program to run smoothly on your device.
- How to update and change the content displayed in the Explore tab of Instagram
- Instagram: learn how to solve the main problems
The update is done in a few seconds directly from your cell phone’s app store. In fact, the step by step is almost identical between Android and iOS, except for the particularities that each operating system presents.
In this tutorial, you will see how to install the latest version of Instagram (Android l iOS l Web) manually. But if you want a practical alternative, turn on background refresh in your device settings. So, whenever an app gets a new version, the device will install it automatically.
How to update Instagram on iOS
- If you have an iPhone, enter the App Store and, in the lower right corner of the screen, click on the magnifying glass icon;
- Then search for “Instagram” and select the corresponding result;
- If there is a newer version of the app, the command “Update” will be displayed. In that case, just tap on it.
How to update Instagram on Android
For Android users, the path doesn’t change much. The biggest difference, in this case, is the location of the search button, which is in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to the Google Play Store and click on the button;
- Then search for “Instagram” and click “Update”.
In both cases, there is a third way to update Instagram, which allows you to view all apps with pending updates. Go back to the Apple or Google app store and click on your profile picture.
On iOS, find the “Future Automatic Updates” section and search for Instagram. On Android devices, you need to click on the “My apps and games” tab to access the app. Then you will see the “Update” command on the right of the screen. Click on it and wait for the installation.