made a publication on Instagram who didn’t like it, hid the post, and now has changed his mind? Then know that it is possible to unarchive old photos from the social network. The feature is valid for Android and iPhone (iOS) phones.
- How to archive posts on Instagram
- How to temporarily disable Instagram
When photos and videos are archived in the app, they are not permanently deleted and can be recovered whenever you want. Next, follow the tutorial on how to unarchive Instagram photos and return them to the platform’s feed.
- Go to your profile and tap the icon with three lines in the upper right corner;
- Go to “Archived Items”;
- At the top of the screen, tap the little arrow to open a menu with options. Then select “Publications archive”;
- Find the photo you want to unarchive and tap the three dots icon;
- Select “Show in Profile”.
Ready. The post will appear again on your Instagram profile.
Can only I see my archived posts?
Yes. The “Archived Items” section is only visible to you.
Does the unarchived photo go back to the top of the feed?
No. Any unarchived post goes back to the date it was originally posted, not to the top of the feed.
Does unarchived photo delete likes or comments?
No. All comments, likes and interactions from the original post will reappear once the photo is unarchived.
Can I unarchive Instagram photos from computer?
No. For now, it’s only possible to unarchive Instagram posts through the mobile app. The same goes if you want to archive photos and videos from your feed.