Putting music on Instagram is one of the many features available on the social network. It is possible to add musical excerpts in Stories, Reels or directly in the feed of publications, as the platform has a native function for this option.
- How to put music in WhatsApp Status
- How to put music in Facebook Stories
Learn below how to put music on Instagram using the official resources of the service. Features are available on Android and iPhone (iOS) phones.
How to put music in Instagram Stories
In this and other examples of the tutorial, we will show you how to put music on Instagram using the functions offered by the social network. We will use the famous “stickers”, without relying on tricks, such as recording a video while playing music in the background, or streaming applications, such as Spotify.
- Open Instagram, tap the “+” button and select “Story”;
- Create your video or photo, and tap the sticker icon on the top menu;
- Choose the “Music” sticker. Select or search for the song of your choice;
- Tap on the desired song and choose which excerpt will be highlighted in Stories;
- Go to “Finish” in the upper right corner of the screen;
- Tap “Send to” to publish Stories with music.
How to put music on Instagram Reels
Instagram Reels allows you to add music released by the platform itself or use original audio saved in your private gallery. This second case happens when you save the audio present in some Reels already posted by another user.
- Open Instagram, tap the “+” button and select “Reels”;
- Tap “Audio” in the menu on the left of the screen;
- Select or search for the song of your choice;
- Tap on the desired song and choose which excerpt will be highlighted in Reels;
- With the video recorded, go to “Preview”, in the lower right corner of the screen;
- Use the music note button on the top menu to increase or decrease the audio of the camera or music;
- Tap “Next” and then “Share” to publish Reels with music.
Now, to use an original audio saved in your private gallery, the procedure is this one:
- Tap on the name of a Reels audio, in the lower left corner;
- On the next screen, select “Save Audio”;
- Open the Reel creation screen;
- Tap “Audio” and go to “Saved”;
- Select the audio saved in your gallery and proceed to edits in Reels.
How to put music on Instagram feed
Finally, we come to adding music to photos posted on the Instagram feed. The feature is similar to what we’ve seen in Stories and Reels. However, one difference is that, for now, the function can only be used on a single photo. Carousel images and feed videos do not yet support the functionality.
- Open Instagram, tap the “+” button and select “Post”;
- Choose the photo to be published and tap “Next”;
- Edit the photo as you like and tap “Next” again;
- On the screen that precedes the publication, tap “Add music”;
- Select or search for a song;
- Choose which excerpt will be highlighted in the publication and set the playback time of the music in the photo, which can be between 5 and 90 seconds;
- Tap “Finish” and then “Share” to publish the post with music.
Can I put music on Instagram Web?
The music feature in Stories, Reels and Instagram feed is only available on the mobile version of the app. There is still no forecast of when the functionality will arrive on Instagram for web browsers.
What is the time limit of the music in each function?
In Stories, you can post song snippets of up to 15 seconds. On Reels, up to 60 seconds. And on the Instagram feed between 5 and 90 seconds.
Can I edit music icons?
Yes. By default, Instagram prefers to show the lyrics of the song, so just tap on it to see other styles of the text of the lyrics of the songs. If you like, there are two stickers that show the artist name and the album title.
Source: Instagram (1, 2)