Anyone who knows how to live on Instagram is certainly closer to succeeding on the platform. It doesn’t matter if your account is personal, creator or even commercial: the truth is that the platform values those who make the most of the available resources.
- How to do a live on TikTok even with few followers
- How to Create an Instagram Live Reminder
So it’s no use using just a few post formats. To please the algorithm, you need to exhaust the platform tools. Lives, by the way, are a great way to ask questions from your followers, carry out promotional actions, do small workshops or just chat with your audience.
But don’t think that this feature is restricted to content creators or companies: personal accounts can also use it. This tool is available to anyone and in this guide you will learn how to make the best use of it.
How to live on Instagram
1. To start a live video on Instagram (Android | iOS | Web), go to the publishing screen (where you create Reels and Stories). At the bottom, explore the formats until you find “Live”;
2. In the sidebar, click the first button. With this, a window will appear that allows you to enter a title in the live and brand partners. Write the title and then click “Add details”. Back on the previous screen, select the capture button to start streaming.
Now that you know how to get started, let’s get to what really matters. After all, how to use live resources?
1. Let’s start with the tools on the right side of the screen. The landscape button allows you to stream a media from the gallery. The buttons below disable the audio and image of the live respectively. Next, there is a command to switch between the front and rear cameras. Finally, there is a button to access the platform filters;
2. At the bottom of the screen, there is a three-dot icon. It allows you to manage the comments. The button on the side shows requests to participate in the live. The profile symbol allows you to invite other participants. With the symbol on the right, you access the live questions. The last button is for sharing the live;
3. As soon as the comments start coming in, you will see the “Wave” command. Use this feature to greet participants. Also, you can manage each comment if you press it. Among the options, the user can report the message and even remove the participant;
4. To end the live, tap the “X” in the upper right corner of the screen. Confirm the decision with the “End Now” command. Then you can access Insights (which displays the performance of the live), preview the video in the archives or delete it. If you want to save the live on your profile, tap “Share”.
How to do a test live
Those of you who don’t feel safe about broadcasting on the app will be happy to know that Instagram has a practice mode. With it, you can explore the live screen with peace of mind as the video is hidden. In addition to being available to all users, the option is affordable and simple to use.
1. Access the lives screen and, instead of clicking the capture button, tap the “eye” icon on the left side;
2. Then select “Practice”. If the official broadcast has guests, you can add them to practice;
3. You will see that all features are present. And even though it looks like a normal live, the screen contains a warning that the video is hidden. So don’t worry.
Now that you know how to live on Instagram, how about some extra tips? Before starting the video, make sure the lighting is good. In the absence of resources, use daylight to your advantage. Also remember to put your cell phone in a stable place. Finally, if you’re unsure, a script can help.