Telegram is a messaging app that directly rivals WhatsApp, Messenger and some other popular services. Installing the platform is simple, and in this tutorial you will learn how to download telegram on your cell phone, tablet or computer.
- How to use Telegram | Practical Guide
- How to enter the web version of Telegram
For downloads, Telegram is available for Android, iPhone (iOS), as well as desktop versions compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux.
How to download telegram
On Android and iPhone (iOS)
On mobile phones, Telegram can be installed on Android devices or iPhones (iOS) running from Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or iOS 9.
- Open the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone);
- Look for the Telegram app;
- Tap “Install” (Android) or “Get” (iPhone);
- Wait until the download is complete and open the app.
After installation, you will have to grant permission for Telegram to access your contacts and phone. Then, enter your mobile number to receive a code and complete your subscription to the service.
On computer (Windows, macOS, Linux)
To download Telegram on PC, just open the platform’s website and download the version corresponding to the operating system. Remembering that this version is installed directly in the device’s memory, not the web version.
There are versions of Telegram for Windows (portable and x64), macOS and Linux (x64).
- Access the link “desktop.telegram.org” (without quotes) in the browser;
- Click on “Download Telegram for (your PC operating system)”;
- If the site does not automatically recognize the system, click on “Show other platforms”;
- Now, click on “Download Telegram to” according to your computer system;
- After the download is complete, open the program and follow the instructions to use it on your PC.
Ready. Now that you’ve learned how to download Telegram on your computer or mobile, just start chatting with your friends using the platform.