Instagram allows you to add a location to in-app posts. However, it is also possible to create a new location using a trick on the neighboring social network, Facebook, as the two services are linked. Next, see how to add a location on instagram.
- How to create an Instagram account?
- How to create a business profile on Instagram
The feature can mainly help users with small businesses who want to tag the exact location of their store on Instagram. For this tutorial, we will need the Facebook app to be installed on your Android or iPhone (iOS) device.
How to create a new location on Facebook
- Open the Facebook app and tap the “What are you thinking?” box to create a new post;
- Go to the “Check-in” option;
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on “Add a new location”;
- Enter the name, address and city (the last two are optional). You can use your current location via GPS or enter the address manually;
- Tap “OK” and complete “Save custom location”.
How to use location on Instagram
- Open Instagram and create a new post on the “+” button;
- On the share screen, check the Facebook key;
- Tap on “Add location”;
- Enter the name of the place added on Facebook and tap on it;
- Share your photo or video on Instagram with the new location.
Can I create a location directly on Instagram?
No. Instagram does not allow adding a new location through the platform app. For now, the only alternative is to use this trick of creating the location first on Facebook and then using it on Instagram.
The location of Facebook still does not appear on Instagram. Because?
The creation of new Facebook posts doesn’t happen at the exact moment they are added. The location can take days to appear on Instagram and even on Facebook itself. You can use Instagram’s search function in the Explore tab to see if the location is already available.
Do I need to have a business account to create a new location?
No. Anyone, whether they have a regular or business account on Facebook, can add new posts on the social network, as long as they do not violate the platform’s usage guidelines.