Whether to check how long you use the social network or to identify suspicious activity, it is possible to check the last visits on the Instagram account. In this way, you can consult a history to know exactly the days and even the devices on which your profile was accessed on the platform.
- How to enable two-step authentication on social media
- Instagram: how to protect your account and have more privacy
Mainly, the feature serves as a security measure. When there are attempts to access your profile, Instagram sends you an email notice. From there, you can log out of the suspicious device and create a new password for the profile. Next, see how to check the last hits on the Instagram account.
How to monitor Instagram login activity
If you are on Instagram for Android or iPhone (iOS), follow the tutorial below:
- Open the Instagram app and enter your profile;
- Tap on the icon with three bars in the upper right corner and go to “Settings”;
- Go to “Security” and then “Login Activity”;
- The app will show the most recent accesses to Instagram, including the date, location and which device was used to log in to Instagram;
- To end a session on a device, tap the three dots next to where you logged in and select “Logout”.
For the web version of Instagram, the procedure is similar. The difference is that you can do it from any internet browser on your computer or cell phone.
- Go to “instagram.com” (without quotes) in the browser and log in with your account data;
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right corner;
- Next to your username, click on the gear icon and then go to “Login Activity”;
- You will see the history with the last accesses to your Instagram;
- To end a session on a device, click on the arrow next to the location where you logged in and finish by clicking on “Logout”.
Can I see all the last hits on the Instagram account?
No. You can only view the last eight times you have logged into your Instagram profile.
Does Instagram warn if there is any suspicious access?
Yes. As soon as you enter the “Login Activity” tab, Instagram may show a map at the top of the screen with a suspicious login attempt. You can check the “It wasn’t me” option, if you were not the one to log in to the platform, and proceed to change your password.