There are several cases where it is very important to know how to block someone on WhatsApp. As one of the most popular messengers, it is not uncommon for people to be contacted by unknown numbers and business accounts.
When this practice becomes something constant, it can generate a certain discomfort, and there is no way around it; the option is to block it. Check below for more details!
What happens when I block someone on WhatsApp?
If you’re worried about what might happen when you block a contact, keep a few things in mind:
- You will not receive messages or calls from blocked contacts;
- Blocked contacts will not be able to access your profile information such as your profile picture, status, “last seen” or “online”;
- The blocked person continues to appear in your contact list and vice versa. To delete a contact, it is necessary to manually delete it from your mobile phone’s list;
- The contact will not receive notification that they have been blocked, but there are indications that such an action has been taken — as listed above, loss of access to their information.
Is it possible to report a contact on WhatsApp?
If you feel that contact or group violates a messenger policy, there are ways to report them. By choosing to take this action, WhatsApp will receive the last five messages (text, image or video) and targets will not be notified.
How to block a contact on WhatsApp
- Open WhatsApp (Android | iOS) and tap the “Three dots” and select “Settings”;
- Tap “Account” and access the “Privacy” tab;
- Then select “Blocked”;
- Click the “Add” icon and select a contact from the list.
This procedure can also be done directly in a conversation.
- Open a conversation and tap the contact’s name in the top corner;
- Scroll the next tab to the end and tap “Block” or “Report” and then confirm the action.
How to block unknown numbers on WhatsApp
- When receiving a message from an unsaved number in your contact list, tap “Block”;
- In the menu that opens, select “Block” or “Block and report” if you want.
How to unblock someone on WhatsApp
To unblock a contact on WhatsApp, just access the same tab described above.
- Access WhatsApp’s “Blocked” tab again;
- Tap a contact from the list and select “Unblock”.
From now on you know how to block someone on WhatsApp and prevent annoying people from bothering you on messenger.