Instagram (Android | iOS | Web) is a photo and video social network that offers a number of features and functions for you to interact with your friends and family. However, it’s not very pleasant to keep getting annoying notifications from random people who keep tagging you aimlessly in certain posts.
- How to view Instagram Stories anonymously
- How to disable comments on Instagram posts
- Learn how to post photos or videos from Stories to Instagram feed
Fortunately, it is possible to block or restrict mentions on Instagram quite quickly and conveniently, directly from the “Settings” tab. If that’s your intention, check out the step by step below!
- How to mute posts and stories on Instagram without unfollowing
- How to restrict other people’s activities on your Instagram without blocking them
How to block mentions on Instagram
Step 1: Open Instagram on your mobile and click on your profile icon on the right of the bottom menu. Once this is done, tap on the “Three lines” icon in the upper right corner.
step 2: in the lower menu that opens, select “Settings”.
step 3: on the next tab, select the item “Privacy”.
step 4: Tap “Mentions”.
step 5: Once that’s done, check “People you follow” or “Nobody” if you don’t want any social network contacts to mention you. That way, whenever someone tries to mention you, they’ll see that it’s no longer possible.
Ready! You can now block mentions on Instagram.