Despite the latest news regarding data sharing with Facebook, WhatsApp remains the most popular messenger in Brazil. In addition to the version available for mobile phones, there is also a version for browsers and applications for computers.
With the home office, WhatsApp Web has become a more comfortable option to use the application. It is possible to use several shortcuts to facilitate the use of the service. Discover below the main shortcuts using your computer keyboard.
Note: below are the commands for computers with the Windows operating system; for macOS computers, “Ctrl” should be replaced by “Cmd”.
- Tab until you get emojis + enter to open emoji options
- or Shift + Tab to get to the emojis + Enter to open selection
- : + emoji name + Enter = To search emojis by text
Groups and Conversations
- Ctrl + Alt + N = Create a new group or conversation
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + “/”= Search in conversations
- Ctrl + Alt + F = Search messages in current conversation
- Ctrl + Alt + E = Archive the current conversation
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + M = Mute current conversation
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + U = Mark current conversation as unread
- Ctrl + Alt + Backspace = Delete current conversation
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + “[“= Ir para a conversa anterior
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + “]” = Go to the next conversation
Text Formatting on WhatsApp
- * + text + * = bold text
- _ + text + _ = Italicized text
- ~+ text + ~ = underlined text
- `+ text + `= Change the text font
- Ctrl + Alt + “,”= Open WhatsApp settings
- Ctrl + Alt + P = Open your own WhatsApp profile
- Ctrl + Alt + Shift + H = Contact WhatsApp support
- Alt + F4 = To close the WhatsApp application (For Windows)
- cmd + Q = To close the WhatsApp application (For Mac)
Is that you? Know of a shortcut to WhatsApp Web that we don’t share? Comment below!